Calvary Day School is proud to announce students earning recognition in the 2020 Scholastic Art Awards. Gold Key and Silver Key artworks will be exhibited in the Barton Art Galleries. Students were recognized during an awards ceremony for Gold Key and Silver Key winners in February at Barton College campus in Wilson, NC.
Calvary Day School introduces Art to students in Lower School and continues to build their skills through Upper School. Elisa Hurst serves CDS as the Lower School and Upper School art teacher.
The following CDS students are Gold, Silver Key and honorable mention winners in this year’s Scholastic Art Awards.
Gold Key Winners
· Sydney Bates, Grade 7, Untitled, Photography
· Ally England, Grade 8, Think Green, Photography
· Lillie Wray, Grade, 8 Untitled, Photography
Silver Key Winners
· Mekayla Baker, Grade 8, Untitled, Photography
· Carson Barnett, Grade 7, The Crater, Photography
· Aubrey Church, Grade 8, Untitled, Photography
· Katie Decker, Grade 7, Untitled, Photography
· Ally England, Grade 8, Monochrome Marching, Photography
Honorable Mention Winners
· Biz Caroway, Grade 12, Closed for Business, Photography; Restored, Photography; and Tapped In, Photography
· Ally England, Grade 8, A Hard Days Work, Photography; and Lost in Time, Drawing & Illustration
· Chloe Lipka, Grade 9, Locked In, Drawing & Illustration
· Kylie McDaniel, Grade 12, Freeze Frame, Photography
· Christian Rieke, Grade 7, Anything, Mixed Media