Calvary Day School Response to COVID-19
This will serve as a “landing page” for our families for school updates and information related to our school’s response to the COVID-19 virus. Our commitment is to act as responsibly and compassionately as possible during this ever-changing situation, with the safety and health of our students and staff as our priority. Thank you for your help as we navigate the changing status of the Coronavirus situation and let’s be praying together for an end to this health crisis and for those that have been affected.
CURRENT SCHEDULE / CHANGES:
As of 4/03/20 –
- There will be no on-campus classes for students until May 4.
As of 3/24/20 –
- There will be no on-campus classes for students until April 14 (at the earliest).
- Distance learning classes will begin as scheduled on Thursday, March 26.
As of 3/17/20 –
- There will be no on-campus classes for students until March 30.
- Teacher workdays will occur March 23-25 (Monday-Wednesday) to further prepare for online learning.
- K-12 students are scheduled to begin online learning on Thursday, March 26. Upper School students are very familiar with the Google Classroom process, as it has been a regular part of their instruction this year. Lower School families will receive their student’s access code to the Google Classroom and instructions in an email early next week. Detailed guides are being created by Mrs. Seymour and Mr. Clark to help all students in this new adventure.
- Online learning will continue until students are permitted to return to campus.
- Preschool teachers will communicate with parents about learning activities.
- Trip Week for Upper School is cancelled. More details will be provided to Upper School families.
- The Calvary campus is closed. This includes classrooms, gymnasiums, weight room, and athletic fields.
- All athletic events and practices are cancelled until further notice. Drama practices are cancelled as well.
As of 3/11/20 – Distance Learning Training for Faculty
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES:
Calvary Learning Resources Distance Learning Guide for Parents
UPPER SCHOOL DISTANCE LEARNING
7-12 Parent Guide
LOWER SCHOOL DISTANCE LEARNING
K-6 Parent Guide
K-6 Access BrainPop from home
COMMUNICATIONS TO FAMILIES:
Email Communication: March 24, 2020 12:22pm
Upper School Distance Learning Communication: March 22, 2020
Lower School Distance Learning Communication: March 22, 2020
Email Communication: March 17, 2020 4:23pm
Email Communication: March 11, 2020 8:16pm
Email Communication: March 2, 2020 3:30pm
NCDHHS COVID-19: Colleges, Universities, Schools and Childcare Facilities webpage
NCDHHS COVID-19 FAQs webpage
NCDHHS COVID-19 Call Center ph# 866-462-3821
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention