An Application Fee of $100 is due at the time an application is submitted for all prospective students. An Enrollment Fee of $50 will be paid once enrollment is offered. These fees are not refundable.
The Curriculum Fee covers textbooks, instructional materials, and classroom supplies. Middle School and High School Fall Retreats as well as the Google Chromebook fee are covered in this expense. These fees are non-refundable.
Returning students pay a Registration Fee of $125, which will hold a student’s place for the next school year. This fee is non‐refundable.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TUITION & FEES
Please contact the Admissions Office for more information regarding admissions for international students in grades 9-12.
OPTIONAL SERVICES & ACTIVITIES
Tuition and curriculum fees do not include costs for optional services and activities such as:
- Extended Care
- Overnight Field Trips
- Calvary Learning Resources
- Academic Accommodations
- AP Courses
Calvary Day School uses FACTS Tuition Management. They are a leading provider of tuition management, providing 24/7 service and mobile-friendly payment options. View a list of FACTS FAQ’s. Tuition may be paid in full, in 10 monthly installments (August 2021 through May 2022), or in 11 monthly installments (August 2021 through June 2022) via automatic draft.
Calvary Day School does offer Tuition Assistance for families who meet certain criteria through Variable Tuition and Scholarship Opportunities. Please visit our Variable Tuition page and Scholarships page to learn more about these opportunities for assistance.
Our Variable Tuition funds for the 2021-2022 school year have been given to as many families as we are able to this year. The 2022-2023 application will be available in the near future.
How to Apply
The general process for applying for Variable Tuition is as follows:
- New parents must fill out an application for admission to Calvary Day School before the VT application. Under the Continuous Enrollment contract, all returning families are automatically enrolled.
- New and returning parents must fill out and submit a separate variable tuition application with a 3rd party company called FACTS Grant and Aid, to be eligible in the 2021-2022 school year.
- Please go to the FACTS WEBSITE to obtain this application. Scroll to the section entitled Apply for Financial Aid with FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment and click the APPLY NOW button.
- Complete all paperwork. Once W-2’s are received and taxes have been filed, upload documents to the VT application on FACTS to complete the process.
The Opportunity Scholarship Program expands school choice in North Carolina through scholarship grants for eligible children in kindergarten through 12th grade. This program provides funding of up to $4,200 per year for eligible children who choose to attend a participating nonpublic school.
- Students who have completed the admissions process or who are currently enrolled at CDS will be considered for these scholarships.
- Students must accept scholarship awards and enroll at CDS within two weeks of award notification.
- All applications and documents must be turned into the Office of the Head of School by the posted deadline date
- Scholarship award not intended to fund full tuition
- Scholarship awards are for one year unless otherwise indicated
- Completion of scholarship application does not guarantee funding
- In determining eligibility, all scholarship applicants must submit a Variable Tuition application to FACTS Grant & Aid. Applicants will be considered for scholarships as well as Variable Tuition. Applicants can use the previous year’s tax documents if they are not available before the April 15 scholarship deadlines, but current tax documentation must be submitted to FACTS as soon as they are available. If current tax documentation disqualifies an applicant’s need status, scholarship funding may be denied. All applicants, regardless of financial need, must apply to FACTS Grant & Aid.
- Scholarship recipients cannot receive multiple CDS scholarships per school year. A CDS scholarship may be combined with the Opportunity Scholarship which is administered by the state of North Carolina.
- Scholarship recipients receiving scholarship funding for multiple years must wait until the year their scholarship is complete before reapplying for additional scholarships.
- All CDS scholarships are needs-based.
- All scholarship applicants must be in good standing academically, financially and show good character in their behavior. Academic and behavior records must be in good standing to retain scholarship funds.
- Once the application is complete, please send the required transcript/report card (if you choose not to upload it on the form) and teacher recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pastor recommendations should be in a sealed envelope mailed to or dropped off at Calvary Day School at 134 S Peace Haven Rd. Winston Salem, NC 27104 with the attention of Scholarships/Development Office.
Calvary Day School receives funding for these scholarships through donations from generous individuals who value our mission of Connecting Heart and Mind while we teach our students to think, learn and live for Jesus Christ. Thank you for your support and generosity.