Initiative for Excellence
The Initiative for Excellence is the primary fundraising event for CDS this school year, replacing SOS & the Annual Fund. Donations raised from the Initiative for Excellence provide funding for areas that directly impact our students and assist in keeping tuition increases at a minimum. Funds support excellence in academics, fine arts, technology, athletics, tuition assistance, special projects and more.
Your family gift is appreciated at anytime during the 2016-2017 school year. Suggested giving opportunities include the following:
- Outrageous October – fun incentives for students in Lower and Upper Schools
- End of calendar year by December 31, 2016
- End of school year in May 2017
- End of fiscal year by July 31, 2017
- All Day School Committee members, faculty, staff and CDS families are encouraged to participate.
Participation Goal is $300 per family ~ Leadership Gifts are $1,000+
Matching Gifts Opportunity
This year, donations given at the $200 and $300 levels will receive a 50% match. Your family can increase its donation to the school and qualify to receive incentives at a higher level. For instance, if Calvin Cougar gives $200, his donation will be counted in the IFE total as $300; if he gives $300 his donation will be counted as $450. This qualifies Calvin for the individual and school-wide incentives at the $300 and $450 levels. Thank you to our CDS families that have donated major gifts to the IFE to make matching gifts possible. This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to seeing how God will use this to glorify Him!
Family Fund Raising Ideas
- Opt Out: $300/check or credit card donation
- Mini-Mailer: email or write a letter to your friends and family asking them to make a donation to CDS.
- Upon request: Mini-Mailer Packet/ with sample email, 15 letters, outer and return envelopes.
- Sample donor list: Grandparents and other extended family, neighbors, church members, and friends.
- Combination Donation: Grandparents, relatives and friends making donations to the IFE can “credit” their Calvary student by writing the student’s name on their Donor Card for a Combination Donation. This credit will count towards incentive prizes. For instance if Calvin Cougar’s grandma gives $100 and his parents give $200 then the combined donation of $300 will be credited to Calvin and all the students in his family.
Easy Ways For You To Give
- One time gift – Click here to give online. Checks can be sent to Development Office of CDS 5000 Country Club Rd. W-S, NC 27104. Be sure to put Initiative for Excellence in the check memo line.
- Monthly draft – Many of our families build giving to the Initiative for Excellence into their monthly tuition payment to CDS. Click here for the FACTS Donation Draft that will be applied to your FACTS account.
- Matching gifts – Does your company match your gift and allow you the opportunity to double your donation to the school? Find out now!
Join us! We need you to help make CDS a shining light to our community! Matthew 5:14