Initiative for Excellence
The Initiative for Excellence is the primary fundraising event for CDS. Donations raised from the Initiative for Excellence provide funding for areas that directly impact our students and assist in keeping tuition increases at a minimum. Funds support excellence in academics, fine arts, technology, athletics, tuition assistance, special projects and more.
Your family gift is appreciated at anytime during the 2017-2018 school year. Suggested giving opportunities include the following:
- Outrageous October – fun incentives for students in Lower and Upper Schools
- End of calendar year by December 31, 2017
- End of school year in May 2018
- End of fiscal year by July 31, 2018
- All Day School Committee members, faculty, staff and CDS families are encouraged to participate.
Participation Goal is $360 per family ~ Leadership Gifts are $1,000+
Family Fund Raising Ideas
- Opt Out: $360/check or credit card donation
- Mini-Mailer: email or write a letter to your friends and family asking them to make a donation to CDS.
- Upon request: Mini-Mailer Packet/ with sample email, 15 letters, outer and return envelopes.
- Sample donor list: Grandparents and other extended family, neighbors, church members, and friends.
- Combination Donation: Grandparents, relatives and friends making donations to the IFE can “credit” their Calvary student by writing the student’s name on their Donor Card for a Combination Donation. This credit will count towards incentive prizes. For instance if Calvin Cougar’s grandma gives $160 and his parents give $200 then the combined donation of $360 will be credited to Calvin and all the students in his family.
Easy Ways For You To Give
- One time gift – Click here to give online. Checks can be sent to Development Office of CDS 5000 Country Club Rd. W-S, NC 27104. Be sure to put Initiative for Excellence in the check memo line.
- Monthly draft – Many of our families build giving to the Initiative for Excellence into their monthly tuition payment to CDS. Click here for the FACTS Donation Draft that will be applied to your FACTS account.
- Matching gifts – If you work for one of the companies below, please consider participating in this wonderful stewardship opportunity. Go to www.doublethedonation/cds for more information.
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Corning, Inc.
- Duke Energy
- Hillshire Brands
- Macy’s, Inc.
- Northwestern Mutual
- Piedmont Natural Gas
- Prudential Financial
- Reynolds American
- Sun Trust Bank
- Tyco Electronics
- Verizon Wireless
- VF Corporation
- Vulcan Materials
Join us! We need you to help make CDS a shining light to our community! Matthew 5:14