Last year, 86% of eligible Calvary Day School families returned to our school for this current year. In an effort to make the re-enrollment process easier for our families, we are launching Continuous Enrollment to eliminate the need for families to re-enroll each year. Continuous Enrollment is a once-and-for-all process. Once you sign your Continuous Enrollment Contract, you will never have to deal with re-enrollment again (unless your family plans change).
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at Calvary Day School, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
Calvary Day School leadership does a lot of planning to ensure that we are prepared to fulfill our mission excellently every year. Until CDS families “sign on the line” that they are coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Up until this point, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” In a sense, we have been penalizing the vast majority of families by forcing you all to go through this process every year. Last year, for instance, we retained 86% of our student body. So EVERYONE had to go through re-enrollment for the sake of the 14% that, for one reason or another, left our school community.
By signing your Continuous Enrollment contract, you will be flipping that script. Rather than an opt-IN annual re-enrollment process, CDS’s annual re-enrollment will become an opt-OUT process. In other words, if you are coming back after signing your “Continuous Enrollment Contract,” you’ll never have to worry about this again.
Once all of our families are on the “Continuous Enrollment Program,” the typical re-enrollment season in February will simply be a communication reminder from the Admissions Office informing the families that might be thinking about leaving our school to notify us prior to mid-February. If last year is any indication, this means that 86+% of CDS families will have the convenience of ignoring this message and doing absolutely nothing!
- January 1: Variable Tuition applications may be submitted to FACTS Grant & Aid
- January 17: Tuition for 2017-18 posted to website
- February 1: Instructions for CE process sent to all families via email
- February 1: CE Fee billed to each families’ FACTS account
- February 15: Deadline for signing CE contract
- February 20: CE Fee drafted from each families’ FACTS account
- March 15: First FACTS draft for 1/3 of Curriculum Fee and Technology Fee (if applicable)
- April 15: Second FACTS draft for 1/3 of Curriculum Fee and Technology Fee (if applicable)
- April 20: Deadline for submitting a completed and verified Variable Tuition application
- May 1: Variable Tuition Agreements are sent via email
- May 15: Final FACTS draft for 1/3 of Curriculum Fee and Technology Fee (if applicable)
When a completed Variable Tuition application and supporting documents are submitted and verified by April 20, the student’s enrollment becomes contingent upon acceptance of Variable Tuition. If Variable Tuition is not adequate and a family does not accept the Variable Tuition and chooses to withdraw, all fees are refundable if the Variable Tuition deadline of April 20th has been met.
CDS families that are re-enrolled, but break the Continuous Enrollment Contract by withdrawing their students will forfeit any fees paid up until the point of withdrawing the student. Also, if a student is withdrawn after June 1st, you will be contractually obligated to pay an additional early withdrawal fee of $500. While the penalty may seem steep, many schools require a semester or even a year of tuition once a family is enrolled for the following year.
We have built flexibility into this contract. So, for major life changes/unique circumstances like moving 25+ miles away from our school, or if CDS can no longer meet your child’s educational needs, or if a student withdraws at the request of CDS, or if there is some unforeseen circumstance that our Administration approves, there will be no financial penalty.
Under the traditional re-enrollment model, we would have to keep doing that every year. Continuous Enrollment is a once-and-for-all process. Once you sign your Continuous Enrollment Contract, you will never have to deal with re-enrollment again (unless your family plans change). “Set it, and forget it!” In the event that things do change, you’ll have until mid-February every year to simply notify the Admissions Office and face absolutely no penalty.
- I/We agree that the term of my student’s continuous enrollment begins with this signed Enrollment and Financial Terms and Conditions Agreement, and thereafter continues automatically through completion of grade 12 or, if necessary, until the official CDS withdrawal procedures are completed.
- I/We understand that the CDS Admissions Office must be notified by February 15th each year of any changes in my plans of enrollment for my student.
- I/We understand that the Continuous Enrollment Fee will be billed to our FACTS account on February 1, 2017, and drafted on February 20th, to continue each subsequent year.
- I/We agree to have Curriculum Fees associated with the next school year drafted in 3 equal payments March 15, April 15, and May 15 each year.
- I/We understand that the Continuous Enrollment and Curriculum Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, with the exception of Variable Tuition contingencies, and completed Variable Tuition applications are due by April 20 to FACTS Grant & Aid.
- I/We agree to forfeit all fees paid for the following school year if this contract is breached by withdrawing my student prior to June 1. A breach in this contract after June 1 will result in an additional $500 withdrawal fee.
- I/We understand the early withdrawal fee of $500 may be waived under the following circumstances: moving 25+ miles away from CDS, or if CDS can no longer meet your child’s educational needs, withdrawal of the student at the request of CDS, or if there is some unforeseen circumstance that our Administration approves.
Continuous Enrollment will start on February 1, 2017. Contracts are due by February 15th. A re-enrollment fee of $125 will be drafted from you FACTS account February 20, 2017. The curriculum fee will be divided into three equal payments to be drafted from your FACTS account on March 15, April 15, and May 15, 2017. We look forward to serving CDS families in this way and making the process even more convenient!
Guaranteed placement. With increasing enrollment, we are either at or near waitlists in many of our grades; placement in next year’s class is an increasingly sought after spot. By opting into continuous enrollment, you’ll be locking down that coveted seat for your child until graduation.
The CDS Admissions Office will send you a personalized E-mail on February 1st with easy step-by-step instructions through the process. It will only take you a couple minutes. You’ll have until February 15th to complete it.