Mission and Statement of Faith
Located in Winston Salem, NC, Calvary Day School is a college preparatory school with a Christ-centered approach to academic excellence. We promise to provide an encouraging, safe, and engaging school community, where students are challenged to fulfill their God-given potential, develop strong character, and impact the world for Christ.
Our mission is to partner with parents to equip students to think, learn, and live from a Biblical worldview by integrating God and His Word as the primary source of Truth.
Calvary Day School states as its Statement of Faith that it adheres to the doctrinal position of Calvary Baptist Church of Winston Salem, NC found in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Calvary Day School affirms the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Statement of Faith as a member school of ACSI.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4: 15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9),His Resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4),His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19),His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 2:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).